FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program
New York and New Jersey
The FAA WINGS Program is designed to help you maintain a high level of proficiency through the use of recurrent training..
FAA WINGS Program
As an added benefit from the FAA’s WINGS program, insurance companies such as Avemco offer a 5% discount off your annual insurance premiums when you complete and maintain certain levels of proficiency within the Wings program.
Can you get Credit for the FAA’s WINGS program when you use our AATD?
Yes, we have accredited Flight Activities that can be credited toward the FAA WINGS Program.
Instrument Currency Scenarios:
Take a look Instrument Approach Scenario list for local approaches.
Here are some videos to explain the FAA WINGS Program:
What is the first step to take part in the FAA WINGS Program?
All pilots holding a U.S. pilot certificate may participate in the WINGS program.
1. Create an account at FAASafety.gov and fill out your “WINGS Profile” under “Account Preferences” and click “Save.”
2. Earn 3 Basic Knowledge activity credits through online courses, in-person seminars, and/or webinars.
= 1 credit from Basic Knowledge Topic 1
= 1 credit from Basic Knowledge Topic 2
= 1 credit from Basic Knowledge Topic 3
3. Complete 3 approved Basic Flight activities with your favorite flight instructor.
= 1 credit from Basic Flight Topic 1
= 1 credit from Basic Flight Topic 2
= 1 credit from Basic Flight Topic 3
4. Go to “My WINGS” under the “Pilots” tab on FAASafety.gov to track your status.
5. If all credits to earn a phase of WINGS have been earned within a 12-month period, click “Claim Reward” on the “My WINGS” page